What will the consequences of trespassing most likely be in California? 7 Answers as of February 03, 2011

Just recently a friend and myself were at a sporting arena. At the end of the event we decided to run through the stadium, were detained, cited for a Trespassing. Under which portion of the Trespassing would we be charged with? It is a first offense for both of us and would like to know the most likely out come for our situation not just the Maximum Penalty.

The most likely outcome would be one year summary probation.
Need more information. Trespassing is a multifaceted code section. You may also have been cited for the same pursuant to a local ordinance. However, no prior record and if no one was particularly hurt, I would guess a fine and maybe have the case treated as an infraction. Depending on the DA you get and the judge, an attorney might be able to turn this into an infraction. But no guarantees.
Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy
Law Offices of Ryan P. Murphy | Ryan P. Murphy
Your question would need a telephone consultation. There are too many factors that can occur in that type of situation. For example, what is the exact statute you were cited with and do you have a past criminal record? Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact my office at your earliest convenience.
Most trespassing violations including the one you are charged with are misdemeanors carrying up to 6 months in jail and a hefty fine including all the penalty assessments they take on these days. In your case, I doubt you would receive any jail term at all unless someone really wanted to make an example of your and if there was you could likely serve it on the local sheriff's work program which is not behind the bars jail but rather a type of service work. The real problem with your situation is being saddled with a conviction at all which you would have to report at least during the probationary period on job applications etc. A good lawyer might be able to negotiate some disposition that would avoid a conviction if it is worth the money to you to try.
As a misdemeanor, the max penalty is between 6-12 months in jail plus $1,000 in fines, depending upon the specific Penal Code violation[s] charged. More likely is that youll get a plea bargain or sentence of 30-60 days in jail, with that suspended in exchange for several years probation and stiff fines. I suggest you hire an attorney, to maximize the possibility of staying out of jail. If serious about doing so, feel free to contact me.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    All we'd be doing would be guessing at this point. Every case is unique, but you're not facing the crime of the century. Assuming it's your first offense and there was no property damage, your attorney (yes, you need one for the best possibility of a good outcome) may be able to work out an alternative disposition to a conviction. I can see a diversion type program with some community service and earning a dismissal at the end of the case as a very real possibility. Or... perhaps a reduction to an infraction that you can get dismissed pursuant to Penal Code section 1203.4 after a year.... Or.... any number of creative solutions your attorney can work out on your behalf.
    There are two many factors to just state what your sentence will be. Trespassing statutes in California are difficult for prosecutors to get convictions on. I would hire an attorney to assist you.