What will the consequences of trespassing most likely be? 6 Answers as of July 14, 2015

Just recently a friend and myself were at a sporting arena. At the end of the event we decided to run through the stadium, were detained, cited for a Trespassing. Under which portion of the Trespassing would we be charged with? It is a first offense for both of us and would like to know the most likely out come for our situation not just the Maximum Penalty.

You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
All depends what state you are in, and the quality of your attorney.
You are asking opinion which cannot be formed upon the information which you have provided. Depending on the circumstances this sounds much more like some form of mischief and it should be possible to mitigate your damages through proper representation.
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
My guess would be a fine and/or some probation.
Most likely you will pay a fine and do community service. On the other hand, an attorney could talk them into dropping the simple charge.