What will better my chances of getting my family member to the US? 1 Answers as of March 21, 2011

I would like to know what is required of me to be able to file for my husband. What plays a part in bettering my chances of getting him into the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Generally speaking, you need to file I130 for him. Depending whether he is in the country or how he came to this country, you can file I485 together... Overall, the strategy is different from one person to another. Also you need to prove your marriage is in good faith. That is to say, mere marriage certificate does not satisfy complex requirements of immigration law. It is suggested that you sit down with an attorney to discuss your case and to develop your legal strategy. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: