What will be my parents' Port of Entry when they come to the US? 3 Answers as of April 28, 2015

My sister who lives in Maui filed a petition (I-130) for our parents on March 24, 2015. She received the approval notice which was dated April 20, 2015. My question is, since my sister (petitioner) lives in Maui, is Hawaii the port of entry for my parents when they come here in the US? Or can they enter the US via Los Angeles (as their port of entry). Thank you.

They get to choose what port of entry they enter the US from. A port of entry is simply the first designated contact place with a u.s. inspection officer. If they coming in by air, then it is any airport where the first seek admission into the US. Once you have a valid visa, you can come to the US from any Airport that accepts international flights. So, yes Los Angeles can be the port of entry if they so choose.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
They can enter at whatever airport they wish.
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
Port of entry is the place that your parents enter into the US. If they're not in the US right now, they can choose any port of entry. If they're in the US right now, then port of entry would be the place that their plane touched down in the US.