What will an order of no removal do for an illegal immigrant? 2 Answers as of January 05, 2011

What will the order of no removal do for me? Can I get a visa or permit for work? I am the only one to support my 3 children who were born in the USA under 15 years old. I am a man who divorced an abusive woman who was an illegal too.

I am happy to get your inquiry. I am acquainted with the recent policy of the Executive Office of Immigration Review, that certain people who are subject to orders of removal or pending cases of cancellation of removal have been given orders advising the Immigration and Customs Enforcement service that no removal is to be done to the immigration petitioner/respondent. That has been common especially in the Houston, Texas area. It does not mean that you have received legal status, nor does it make you eligible for an I-765 work authorization. It means that you are not to be apprehended for detention and removal/deportation. It is not a permanent order, and if there is a pending order, it can be reinstated. I do not understand the nature of your case that would put you at this point, but given what you and your children are doing, I would very much like to help. If you want to set up a consultation with the prospect of working with you, please contact me by e-mail or phone.
Your privilege should be fully stated in the paper they gave you. You should contact a lawyer to determine your options. You are more than welcome to give us a call.