What is the waiting period for filing a I130 petition? 6 Answers as of March 12, 2012

My husband, a U.S. citizen filed for an I-130 petition for my in January 2012. I was wondering how long it will take for them to give a response and what is roughly the waiting period for this process.

Please go to this USCIS link http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis and look in the left column under find. Click on processing times and go from there. Good luck!
Yahima Suarez, A Law Firm, PL | YAHIMA SUAREZ
Where are you currently residing? If you are in the US, you should have filed the I-130, application for residency and work permit. Usually in about 3 months you receive your work permit and the visa should be approved shortly thereafter. You may be a resident in less than a year. If you only filed I-130, it should take 3-6 months for approval (again, this time may vary-there is nothing set for immigration timing). It could take less or a lot more. Then you will have to apply for your residency and work permit. Now, if you are outside of the US, the length of approval for the I-130 depends on your country of origin. It should take 3-6 months but the approval process and length of time will vary! Once it is approved, it will be sent to the National Visa Center and the consular process with the consulate in your country will commence.
Matthew Cameron Attorney at Law
Matthew Cameron Attorney at Law | Matt Cameron
It depends on where in the US you are processing it, but I-130s are typically processed and approved within 6-8 months. If he didn't file an I-485 with the I-130 (as I always recommend that my clients do), this will significantly delay the process, and you may not have your residency for at least a year.
It takes about 6-9 months depending on the USCIS Regional Center. You can check the processing times and your actual case processing at the USCIS site.
Typically, you receive a filing receipt within 2 weeks of filing. This receipt indicates the case number. The case number is also printed on the back of the check used to pay the filing fee so you can get the case number if you have yet to receive the filing receipt. If you do not have a case number, you should contact USCIS right away. You may need to re-file the petition. An I-130 takes about 6-8 months to process depending upon request for evidence, evidence the marriage is bona fide, background checks, etc.
    If you are abroad, it will take about 3-5 months for the USCIS to adjudicate the petition and then another 2-4 months for the consular processing stage.