What type of legal assistance do we need to protect the property? 3 Answers as of June 26, 2014

Property in a lifetime trust for my mom to go to my daughter. Mother has her first born as a conservator. The property had a fire on May 19, 2013. On that day, before fireman had even completed their job, a woman was lurking about with a clip board. I asked her what she needed, she began her sales pitch. I stopped her and very matter of fact, I told her we had no need for her services, as we were still in contact with the original builder. I also explained the life estate to her. She stayed out of sight until my mom arrived. She then wangled her sales pitch in. Many questionable occurrences have since taken place. The integrity and work ethics displayed by this company are very questionable and sketchy to say the least. They made deadlines yet never showed up or followed through. Not at any time during the past 14 months have they carried out or completed their task or job. They re-roofed over soot covered fire exposed roofing sheets. They were paid at $27,000 upfront then after we received many concerns from our neighboring home owners and have been displaced for over a year, we ourselves got a dumpster and began to clean away all the debris. At which time, two unknown males arrive and force their way on the property claiming it was their job and trying to obtain some sort of verbal banter stating that we were taking over. All I replied to them was please stop blocking my movements. They were grabbing at specific items from the trash; repeating it was their job site they were to be doing the work.

Try to find a lawyer who will sue for breach of contract, and who will get a restraining order. You can ask your LOCAL bar assn. for a referral.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
It is impossible to advise you regarding what needs to be done, but clearly something does. You need to pick up the phone and speak with an attorney ASAP. Provide that attorney with the contract related to this company and get some action taken.
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
First thing you should probably do is contact the contractors license board.