What type of attorney do I need to sue a mortgage company? 5 Answers as of May 17, 2013

We went through all the steps that Wells Fargo wanted us to do, and we were given different information every time we contacted them. Before we knew it, they had already processed us for foreclosure. We had to file for bankruptcy to save our house.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr.
Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr. | John C. Farrell, Jr.
You should consult with a lawyer that specializes in consumer law, especially foreclosure defense. I know one in MA if that is where you are located.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 5/17/2013
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
Talk to your bankruptcy attorney.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 5/16/2013
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Stacy Joel Safion, Esq. | Stacy Joel Safion
A real estate attorney. However the facts you listed does not give you a basis to sue a lender.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/16/2013
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
Civil attorneys who specialize in mortgage companies but it is very expensive to sue a bank. You may want to look on line to see if you can find any class action lawsuits that you can get into.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/14/2013
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
The first issue is whether your claim against Wells Fargo was scheduled as an asset in your bankruptcy. If it is not scheduled, you have no claim. If it is, consult your bankruptcy attorney to see if it can be exempted or abandoned. If there is a claim that is either exempted or abandoned, consult a consumer attorney.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/14/2013
Click to View More Answers: