What type of attorney do I need for an administrative hearing for allegations of verbal abuse against a resident of a nursing home? 10 Answers as of December 05, 2013

After working at a nursing home for 3 years as a CNA I was fired on allegations of verbal abuse from two visitors and one coworker. What they said I said in their witness statements is not true. I have an administrative hearing to challenge the allegations. It is detrimental to my career that I maintain my license.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offce of Richard N. Grey | Richard N. Grey
You would need to hire an attorney experienced in handling administrative proceedings of this type. This can become expensive. The fees are at $250 an hour.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/5/2013
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You need a litigation attorney with experience in employment law issues. You also may need a private investigator to assist your attorney in locating witnesses and otherwise preparing for the hearing. Most importantly, you need someone to independently investigate the allegations against you, interview witnesses and otherwise put together your defense. Time is of the essence in these matters because it takes counsel a long time to prepare. And be realistic about budgets-this will be an expensive fight for you. Most competent lawyers would need a substantial retainer-at least $25,000 and possibly more, before agreeing to take the case, and this would not include the costs for the investigator, expert witnesses and other such costs.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/5/2013
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
You need an attorney who handles hearings at what was called the Department of Regulation and Licensing. It has a new name now, someone with experience handling contested administrative hearings. I assume this is in Wisconsin, often requests that say they are from Wisconsin are from another state.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 12/5/2013
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
You really should have a trial attorney, because an administrative hearing is really a trial conducted in an office rather than a courtroom.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/5/2013
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I would suggest one that has knowledge of your industry with hearing experience.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 12/3/2013
Click to View More Answers: