What to do when chapter 11 converted to chapter 7? 12 Answers as of July 08, 2013

My S-Corp was in Chapter 11 since 2008, but in 2011 the case was converted to Chapter 7, and now the case is going to be dismissed. I have no choice but to close it now. What happens with the debt that was included in the Chapter 11 and the debt that my business has accumulated after the filling date (2008) ? I did also file for individual Chapter 7 in 2008 and was granted a discharge in 2010. 

Theodore N. Stapleton, PC
Theodore N. Stapleton, PC | Theodore N. Stapleton
There is no discharge from corporate debts in a chapter 7 however you may have discharged any personal liability on the corprate debts in your individual chapter 7. I am happy to discuss these and other issues with you. Please call to schedule a free consultation.
Colorado Legal Solutions
Colorado Legal Solutions | Stephen Harkess
If the case is dismissed, the creditors can move forward as if the bankruptcy never happened.
Ray Fisher Law Offices
Ray Fisher Law Offices | Ray Fisher
These are all questions for your bankruptcy lawyers.
You need to update the schedules to include all debt incurred prior to the conversion.
Presumably you have a lawyer. You need one even for a personal case. It would be impossible for you to have filed a corporate case without counsel as that is mandatory. Since no one here has read your case file and your lawyer has, he will know what liability you still have now. It seems very strange that you have not asked him.
    Eric J. Benzer, Attorney at Law
    Eric J. Benzer, Attorney at Law | Eric Benzer
    Include all debts in chapter seven
    The chapter 7 is going to dismissed? That is highly unusual unless you failed filed to file amended forms when the case was converted. A corporation does not get a discharge in Chapter 7. It just dies there. The debt is gone. The court just closes the case.
    Corporations do not received a discharge. Any corporation creditors can sue and attach any corporation assets, but given there is a Chapter 7 dismissal, it tells me there were none. To the extent you may have been liable for corporation debts rpior to your bankruptcy, your discharge should cover those.
    Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller
    Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller | Jackie Robert Geller
    All of the S-corp's debt is still collectible because the bankruptcy was dismissed. If you provided a personal guarantee, then you may be responsible for all such debt incurred after your bankruptcy discharge.