What is the timeline after breaking probation? 5 Answers as of June 20, 2011

I was arrested for a violation of probation 2 weeks after my new charge. I was told they have 72 hours to violate you. Is this true?

No, they can violate you whenever they want to. It's up to your PO and the Judge, but be assured you will be violated if you have a new charge. Even just failing to advise your PO of any new charge is a violation in and of itself. Hire a good lawyer right away. Good luck.
I am not aware of any such rule but it could be a rule of that particular probation department that the probation officer must decide whether in addition to the new charge, to also violate your probation.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
If you have an attorney, you should be consulting with him on this question. If you do not, you should retain our office.
I don't think that there would be any 72 hour time limit.
They have 72 hours to arraign you, but your attorney may waive the probation hearing and plea to the violation for a promise of no jail time. It depends on whether the DA can prove that you are guilty of the new crime which is an automatic violation of your probation.