What time frame do they have to arrest me for DUI? 2 Answers as of July 12, 2011

I was in a accident on 7/15/2010 in CT. I was taken to Westerly, R.I. hospital for treatment. They took blood work. If I was over the legal limit, what is the legal time limit, they have to arrest me?

Kevin Smith, Attorney at Law
Kevin Smith, Attorney at Law | Kevin Smith
The state would have up to five years to prosecute. Typically, in CT law enforcement will pursue a search warrant for the blood test results if there was an accident, and then an arrest warrant if the results permit.
Fitzpatrick, Mariano, & Santos, PC
Fitzpatrick, Mariano, & Santos, PC | Raymond J. Savoy
The legal limit in Connecticut is .08. the police must conduct an investigation without undue delay. In this case, the police need to conduct an investigation, submit a search warrant and then submit an arrest warrant if you were over the legal limit. It is not uncommon for this process to take an least eight weeks.