What is a sure method to record expunction? 12 Answers as of September 06, 2012

I am a reformed, well-intended citizen who seeks to pursue a career where there may be fiduciary barriers. Obviously, felony convictions render parochial the scope of opportunity with regards to career potential. I am 24, a black male. I would consent to almost any provisos or stipulations that might help me regain my standing of honour within our American society. I have developed a healthy regard for the rule of law. Please help.

Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
The only sure-fire way to record expungement in New York State is to avoid being convicted of a crime. Unlike other states, once convicted, NY does not expunge criminal records, except in rare Drug Treatment Court pleas.
Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
In Michigan, you only exunge one felony, but you cannot have other felonies, and must wait six years from the time of conviction.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
First, the remedy for a prejudicial record after remedial efforts have been incorporated into one's life will not ride on the eloquence of the rhetoric, but to the passage of time without legal incident. Second, the remedy is to have the record sealed, not expunged. Expungement is a very rarely used remedy for a situation in which the arrest itself was a total error. A disputed inability to convict will not qualify. Something like arresting the wrong twin MIGHT qualify. If you want your record sealed, you can do one of two things. You can either wait for the statutory time to elapse (5 years for a misdemeanor and 10 years for a felony) or you can petition the court based upon need and remedial life change. There is no guaranteed formula for what works. It is a combination of time passed since your last contact with the courts, the nature of your offenses, the actions you have taken as evidence of your sincerity and efforts, and some compelling needs such as difficulties obtaining employment and or education. I would recommend hiring a lawyer to compile the facts and advocate on your behalf kif you plan on requesting your record be sealed before the statutory 5 or 10 years.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You need to donate about $250,000 to the governor's re-election campaign and you may be able to ask for him to grant your request for clemency. THERE IS NO EXPUNGEMENT IN CALIFORNIA.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
No such thing in NY
    LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
    LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
    Only certain types of felonies can be expunged, and only if you have not had any other misdemeanor or felony convictions during the 20 years since your original felony conviction. The only types of felonies that can be expunged after 20 years are 1) passing a bad check, 2) fraudulently stopping payment on instrument, or 3) fraudulent use of a credit or debit device.
    The statute is clear. You get one opportunity to expunge one offense after 5 years. There are minor exceptions for offenses committed while under 21.
    Lee Law Group | Ernest Lee
    You are right in that it you have a narrow shot at getting positions where fiduciary duties are required if you have felony conviction(s).
    Law Office of Michael Morgan, l.L.C.
    Law Office of Michael Morgan, l.L.C. | Michael Morgan
    You do not provide enough information to determine if you qualify for an expungement or vacation of your conviction(s).
    A felony conviction can be expunged, convictionS generally not.
    Law Office of William L Spern | William Spern
    Multiple convictions CANNOT be expunged without a change in the legislation. Contact your legislator to extend expungments to more than one conviction after a set period of time.