What steps do we need to take to prevent him from going to jail and what steps we take next? 1 Answers as of May 19, 2017

Both cases happened in the same state. I was placed on a deferred sentence last year which ended December 11, 2016. I completed this and was not sure if I needed to see the judge again to sign off or if my case is automatically dismissed. I was not sure if I am considered a felon or if not and if I can now possess a firearm. With my boyfriend’s case, he bought a new car and got pulled over the same day. He was supposed to go to court to show proof of registration and insurance. The morning of the court, we called to make sure it was still going to be on time that day. They said to look out for the new court date in the mail which he never received. He started to get worried after not receiving anything for a month. We looked up his case online. It said the paperwork was sent out which again we never received and that he missed that court hearing. Now, he has a warrant for his arrest. We cannot register the truck because it will not pass emissions which we did not know about because we bought it from a dealership thinking it would pass. His wallet was stolen and needed to show proof of driver’s license but because of the warrant can't get a new one.

Fluhr & Moore, LLC | Steven S. Fluhr
The warrant does not prevent him from getting a new license. He should appear in court before the judge and ask the judge to recall or quash the warrant.