What steps do I need to take to move with my son? 1 Answers as of April 27, 2011

I am moving in with my long time boyfriend in El Paso, Tx. I did not think my sons father would have a problem with it, and it was a last minute move. I have already quit my job, and gave my notice for my rental. What legal steps must I take to take my son with me, when his father says no even though it will not affect current visitation.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Look at your current child custody/support orders. Is there a geographic restriction? If so, you have to petition the court for permission to remove the restriction. If not, then you can move without the father's permission but he can also petition the Court to put in a restriction. That said, the restriction is on your son, not you. You do have the option of handing your ex primary possession and moving to your Boyfriend's house.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: