What steps do I need to follow to bring my fiance here to the US? 8 Answers as of November 14, 2011

I'm a permanent resident card holder. I'm trying to bring my fiancee to the USA. What steps/ paper work do I have to follow to get him a visa?

As a permanent resident, you cannot petition your fiance. You will need to be a US citizen to do so.
You should get citizenship first and then apply for her.
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
You need to petition for a K1 fiance visa. Once he's in the US, get married within 90 days, then start the adjustment process to make him a permanent resident.
Perez Immigration Law Firm
Perez Immigration Law Firm | Philip Joseph Perez
You have to be a U.S. citizen to sponsor a fiance for a visa. You can go to his country and get married, then file a visa petition for him. Processing for this application will take some time since you are not yet a citizen.
Law Office of John Vandenberg
Law Office of John Vandenberg | John Vandenberg
A U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident cant apply for a fiancé, only a U.S. Citizen. So the first thing you need to do is become a U.S. citizen. How long have you been a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident? If you feel confident in your English skills and are willing to study, Philadelphia is processing Naturalization Applications in about 3 months. After that, you could petition for your fiancé.
    You must be a U.S. citizen to petition for your fiancé to receive a fiancé visa. You can marry your fiancé outside the United States. After you are married, you can file an immigrant visa petition for your spouse. Your spouse cannot remain in the United States without valid immigration status. Your spouse cannot adjust his or her status here if you are only a lawful permanent resident. He or she will also not be issued a non-immigrant visa while the petition is pending. The process will take about 2-3 years depending upon visa availability. If during the process you become a U.S. citizen, the petition will be upgrade to an immediate relative petition and a visa will become immediately available to your spouse.
    A fiancé of a Permanent Resident is not entitled to a fiancé visa. There may be other nonimmigrant options for you to pursue but we would need to evaluate your fiancés skills, education, and work experience and ability to find a sponsor here. If you were to marry abroad you could petition for the fiancé, but this would only give him a place in line in the FB-2a queue as this category is backed up several years.
    There is no visa for the fiance of a permanent resident. There is an immigrant (green card) petition as an FB-2A, but the priority date backlog is about 3 years.