What steps do I have to take to get a restraining order? 2 Answers as of February 20, 2017

Two years ago, we had a friend who came from UK. He stayed with us for two weeks. During the two weeks, we put up with his cut us down remarks. We did everything that he wanted to do. He has treated us like we’re trash and he even has our family not wanting him around because when we took him to visit friends and family, he treated them badly. Not only that we took him to different business to shop and he would have a follow of himself and proceed to tell everyone we are trash and that we are drama people. I feel he is a major concern to the US and for the people here in the state. I know that I refused to let him see my 4 and 5 year old granddaughters because he drinks from the time he gets up until the time he goes to bed. I was told that I could get a restraining order against him. I am concerned for my family. They all know what he is like.

More information is needed before I can give you a meaningful answer. Why did you take him in? What were the arrangements, if any, regarding his living with you? Is he still living with you? if not, does he come around uninvited? Has he threatened you or your family? Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a meaningful answers. I strongly suggest that you contact an attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation.
Go to the court clerk and get the two page application. File it with the court clerk and you will be given a court date. You will need someone to serve him with the temporary restraining order. You can have the police or sheriff do so.