What steps can we take to have a visa extension? 4 Answers as of September 25, 2013

Hi, my parents came to US on 18th Oct 2012 and had an i94 for 6months and then they filed extension for another 6 months which is expiring on 10-Oct-2013. But currently my mother has severe joint pain and will not be able to travel before i94 expires. What should we do for her to stay for another month after i94 expires. Regards, Vaibav

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of David Molot | David Molot
You would need to file an extension with as much supporting evidence and explain the circumstances for another renewal. Since you are filing for an extension outside the number allowed, your mom would have to be prepared to leave timely if the decision from USCIS is negative.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/25/2013
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
You can file another I-539 application for extension of status with evidence of need and ability to stay without work.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 9/25/2013
Immigration Law Offices, LLP
Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
Try filing another extension with proof of her inability to travel.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/25/2013
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You could file another extension request, but it must be well-documented. You cannot merely state your mother has severe joint pain, but must document why she cannot travel preferably with medical evidence.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/25/2013
Click to View More Answers: