What steps can I take to force sale a property? 5 Answers as of August 31, 2011

The property has four owners. Three want to sell and one refuses. What steps need to be taken to force sale?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
You need to bring an action in Supreme Court for partition, and our office can represent you in this.
You need to hire a lawyer. You might be able to file an action to partition the property in court, which could force a sale. Why do you want to sell the property? This is a bad time to sell real estate. Better yet, why don't you ask them to purchase your interest in the property?
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law | Michael R. Nack
You might need to file a lawsuit seeking a Court Order (Judgment) in Partition. I have handle several of these over the thirty-three years that I have been practicing law, and I might be able to offer my services to you for a reasonable fee.
Steps to get that pesky property sold: 1. Give the 4th owner notice that the other 3 want to sell (regular and certified mail). 2. Call me. 3. Tell me to go get 4th owner. 4. Step back so you don’t get hurt when the lawsuit knocks 4th owner out of the box. 5. Follow the judge's order requiring the property to be sold. By using this simple procedure, your problem will be solved.
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
A lawsuit has to be filed to partition the property.