What is the statute of limitations for trying to file a case against them to get my share? 4 Answers as of November 10, 2014

My brother and sister lied to my mom to get her to sign a power of attorney so they could close her bank accounts. They told her I stole all her money and they just had to go close them. I didn't steal her money. It was proved by the detective on the case. I talked to a supervisor where my mom had her portfolio worth over $600,000.00 and was told that they took her money and transferred it to another company like theirs, but she could not tell me who. They are very wealthy, and own a business worth millions. I waited too long because this all took place in May to October of 2008 when my mom died.

Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
If you knew about it at the time that it was happening then it is too late for you to pursue an action against them. All causes of action have statutes of limitations which protect against stale claims being brought to court. Everyone should seek redress as soon as they know of the actions of another that may harm their interests.
You need to consult a personal injury lawyer to bring a fraud action. Your case is not hopeful because of potential statute of limitations prohibiting filing any case against your family.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
You certainly waited too long. 1 year is likely the statute. Based on the facts it could possibly have been 4 years, but certainly not 6.
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
There is no statute of limitations in matters such as this.