What is the statue of limitations in violation of Code 577.010? 1 Answers as of March 21, 2011

What is the Statue of Limitations in Violation of Code 577.010? Also, what consequences should I prepare myself for? I do have an attorney and suppose to be in court for my offense tomorrow, March 16 but the prosecutor hasn't yet filed charges against me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm very scared.

Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
DWI consequences have increased greatly in the last couple of years. You will definitely want to get an attorney to represent you on this matter, especially if it is your first offense. If so, there are ways to keep this off of your record. With regards to your court date, it is not uncommon for the prosecutor's office to take months to file charges. You should keep calling back to the court to see if they have you in the system yet, and to make sure that-if you are in the system-your address is correct. They usually set court dates at least 1 month away, so if you can every 3 weeks or so, you shouldn't miss your court date. If you have further questions, feel free to call my office. Good luck!