What is the statue of limitations for loitering in a drug house? 2 Answers as of August 31, 2011

I received a ticket for loitering in a drug house 7/2003. I went to federal prison for 5 1/2 years now it shows up and my probation officer told me to take care of it. Shouldn't this be dismissed or time served.

The statute of limitations only applies to the amount of time that they have to charge you. As long as you were charged within this time period, it is a valid charge. You can certainly ask the court to grant you time served for your sentence, but they don't have to. Retain a good criminal attorney to help guide you through because this is a charge that could land you back behind bars.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
6 years in Michigan. Possibly, depending on a number of circumstances. I would be happy to discuss with you.