What state should I file the LLC in? Posted on April 06, 2011

My legal residence is in Missouri. I am in NY state living in an apartment, doing work in Pennsylvania. I am an independent contractor (1099 contractor) paid by a NY company. I am making good money in this temporary job which is going to last 1-2 years. My job is curative title work for the natural gas industry, so I work in my apartment and drive into Pennsylvania to meet landowners, go to courthouses etc. I want to form an LLC and register as an S corp. What state should I file the LLC in? Really thinking of taxes, certainly want to avoid any double taxing.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: