What sort of attorney should I pursue on an adoptive parent abuse case? 2 Answers as of March 31, 2015

Long story short, I was adopted by abusive people when I was 10 weeks old. Their abuse over the course of my life resulted in severe mental illness diagnoses, including Life altering PTSD and a crippling dissociation disorder that nearly split my personality. I want to sue them for pain and suffering. My story is compelling and worth hearing.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Boesen Law, LLC
Boesen Law, LLC | Joseph J. Fraser III
It sounds like the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress, but there may be a two year statute of limitations challenge, depending upon how long ago it was last inflicted.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 3/31/2015
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
You need a personal injury lawyer that has experience with cases other than auto accidents. You probably will have to call several in your area before you find one. Also, depending on your age you may have missed the time deadline (statute of limitations) to file a claim like that.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 3/30/2015
Click to View More Answers: