What should a woman do if she feels that a doctor fondled her? How? 14 Answers as of August 07, 2015

What should a female do who feels her doctor fondled her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Be certain. If you are certain, then make a police report.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/7/2015
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Confront the doctor. He will deny it but it puts him on notice that patients will not put up with that conduct. But unless you can find other women who have the same experience, you do not have of a case and the police probably will not do anything.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/7/2015
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
Report him to the medical society, the state licensing agency and the police.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/6/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
She counsel, explain the situation and determine whether or not there is a criminal or civil action available to her.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/6/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
1. Find another doctor. 2. While it is possible to make a complaint to the medical society or state board of examiners, you can badly ruin someone's reputation by merely making the complaint, so you should not do so unless you are entirely certain that the doc touched you in an inappropriate and sexual way.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/6/2015
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    If the action was done without the woman's consent it is a technical battery and sexual assault which could theoretically subject the doctor to civil and criminal liability as well as professional disciplinary action. However, since any such claim will be judged in the light of a credibility contest between the woman and her physician, careful thought should be given to the specific facts surrounding the incident before deciding to act upon it.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
    Replied: 8/6/2015
    Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
    This is not a personal injury case but a criminal complaint file with police department or licensing board.
    Answer Applies to: Utah
    Replied: 8/6/2015
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Complain immediately. The longer the delay, the less credibility the victim has. If the groper has a supervisor or works for a clinic or hospital, call and make a complaint.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Replied: 8/6/2015
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
    Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
    Report the Dr. to the State Board of Health. They will investigate.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 8/6/2015
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You can file a complaint with the medical board, who will investigate and bring charges or sanction the doctor.
    Answer Applies to: Connecticut
    Replied: 8/6/2015
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    File a police report relative to possible criminal charges. After the police investigate, it will be up to the Prosecutor as to whether they believe there is enough evidence to pursue the matter. You could also consult civil counsel regarding filing a possible civil law suit against the doctor. Such cases require reasonable evidence to prove your case by a preponderance of the evidence. Also damages have to warrant the cost of pursuing the case.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 8/6/2015
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney