What should we do to deal with our criminal charges? 1 Answers as of May 02, 2011

On Friday April 29th, 2011 my neighbors in the apartment behind me got into a fight. The police were called. I was a witness so as I was waiting to talk to the police, my boyfriend didn't want me talking to them so he got mad at me. After I was done talking to the police I went inside my apartment and my boyfriend got snappy with me. I threw a shoe at him. He came at me and tried to hit me. I pushed him and said go ahead hit me. He then put his hands around my throat. When he let go, I bit him and ran outside. The police were still outside dealing with the neighbors when they came up to me and asked what was going on. I told them. They asked me what I wanted to do. I said to let it go. Then they saw I left a mark on my boyfriend from where I bit him and they arrested us both. I had no shoes on, they didn't even let me get my shoes. Then they went into my house. My boyfriends ID was in a cabinet. When they went into the cabinet to get his ID they found our bong. Which we do not smoke out of. We just sort of have it because it cost a lot of money and we didn't want to throw it away. We kept it as sort of a memorabilia. When we went to jail, they tested the bong and found residue in it even though we haven't smoked out of it in a long time. The next day, the judge didn't want to do his job so he left his court and said he wouldn't be back until 5pm. The police called the PA District Attorney and had us released and spend the weekend apart with no contact. We have no formal paperwork as of yet. We were charged with simple assault (which we are not pressing charges against each other and the police never took statements from us while we were in jail they just left us there for 14 hours. Also they did not read us our Miranda Rights.) They charged us with drug paraphernalia with the intent to smoke marijuana, and I believe, not entirely sure, disorderly conduct. What should I do

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Michael J. Engle
Law Offices of Michael J. Engle | Michael J. Engle
Hire a criminal defense attorney immediately and stop writing about the details of your case over the internet.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 5/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: