What should we do in our child custody situation? Posted on March 13, 2011

My sister in-law is going through a messy divorce and custody struggle for years. She has become disconnected from reality and feels we (her brothers and sisters. me included) have not done enough to support her and be "against " her soon to be ex-husband. She has been abusive to her child and as a result police and child services have been contacted. She told my mother in-law (who told us) that she "intends to make us understand what it is like to have our kids taken away". About 1.5 weeks later, child services comes to my house and starts an investigation against me that alleges I have "inappropriate" relations with my 8 year old daughter. Investigators came here and went to my Children School to involve the principal and teacher in the investigation. This has been the most upsetting thing we have ever been through and feel there should be some law that protects us. The investigators said it could be weeks or months until they are done.