What should someone do if they violated their parole in over 25 years ago by leaving the state? What are the first steps this person should take? 1 Answers as of June 08, 2017

A friend was arrested and sentenced to jail, received parole and left the state and has lived under an alias ever since. Being as life has a way of catching up my friend has to eventually face the inevitable.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
This happens much more than you might think. When one is convicted and placed on parole, you are under the control of the state agency. If one fails to comply with the rules and regulations governing parole status, the parolee is consider an absconder. So, your friend might still have to serve some time. It just all depends.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 6/8/2017
Click to View More Answers: