What should my son do if the police stop him? 1 Answers as of September 13, 2016

My son and his wife, married for 3 years, have a son. My son wants to bring his son to see his grandparents in another state but his wife won't allow it and says she will call the police to tell them that her husband has kidnapped their son. Can she call the police and claim this? My son’s wife thinks that since she carried the child that she has total control. The child is 16 months old.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
If they are still married, either parent can take the child wherever they want. If they are divorced, then the order should address it.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 9/13/2016
Click to View More Answers: