What should my illegal alien boyfriend do if he was arrested for drunk driving 3 days ago in Texas? 1 Answers as of January 28, 2011

My boyfriend he was arrested at midnight on Monday for drunk driving. He is an illegal and had no license, they fist told us that with 1000 dollars payment and he would get out. But now they're changing the version. We do not know what to do. He was leaving that same day to Mexico, and had his bus ticket on him. It doesn't matter if he gets deported since he WAS going pack anyways, but we want it to be as quick as possible. Any advice? Pay or not pay? What would make him get out faster?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Purnell Law Firm
The Purnell Law Firm | Simon Purnell
With DWI's, it can take months before he is formally charged. Even if he bonds out, he will have to return for the various court dates. Either way, the state will report him to immigration (depending on the county he is in) which in turn will probably lead to a removal proceeding. Ideally, if he does not have an immigration hold and there is a bond, he should pay it to get out and then deal with the DWI charge so he does not leave with outstanding warrants/charges.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: