What should my brother who is and being accused of rape do? 7 Answers as of July 09, 2015

Can my brother defend himself if his girlfriend says she is going to accuse him of rape to the police? He says that he wants nothing to do with her, so what should he do about this? His ex is saying that she will tell the police if he does not talk to her and thinks this will make him talk.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your brother should cut all ties with her and consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. If the "ex" has been sending him text or leaving voice mail messages, he should save those messages and show them to his attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/9/2015
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
He needs to talk to a lawyer
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/9/2015
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
Tape record her before you do anything.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/9/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
See website for info on brother representing himself:
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/9/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
I would suggest that your brother contact and counsel with an attorney regarding this potential false accusation.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/9/2015
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    He needs to retain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 7/9/2015
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    He has the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to victims/investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what he says it will be twisted around and used against him later.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 7/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: