What should if my passport was taken away? 3 Answers as of September 09, 2011

I am here in the States for a visit. My passport will expire this coming November, so I sent in back home to renew it three weeks ago because I can renew six months before expiry date. For some reason they would not renew it and took my old passport and said that I do not qualify for citizenship. I am here to treat my sick son in the hospital and I was planning to go back home late December 2011. My wife and two kids are here with me, and if I don't have citizenship they will be deprived from it too. I don't know what to do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
You will need to have a waiver of the revocation of your legal visa, shown from your I-94 form on the passport. They may have determined that you have relinquished your green card (if you have it) by staying too long out of the USA (180 days or more). You mention your wife and children, if you already have a green card, they do, too, and is not subject to your status. But if another visa (like an H-1B) it would be a problem. If it has been taken by the US authorities, then you need to apply for the restoration of your legal residency. But your question seems confusing, and I will need to know a lot more. Your family needs the help of an immigration lawyer. Please feel free to call or e-mail me for an appointment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/9/2011
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
This is a question concerning your country of nationality. Contact your Consulate or someone familiar with the law of your country of origin.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/26/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
I don't know what your question for me is, but if you are asking me what to do about your foreign passport, I would say that you have to take it up with the authorities in your country of origin. Sorry
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: