What should I say when I go to court for not having a CDL license? 5 Answers as of February 21, 2013

CALIFORNIA: I was pulled over and did not have a class c cdl. I've since got one. when i go to court what should i plead and why?

When you go to court, show the D.A. and judge your license. You may have to pay a fine, but you will avoid jail.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You should probably tell the court you have a cdl now and they will give you a small fine.
What should I say? The truth, explain to the judge. Submit whatever proof you have of licensing and request dismissal or reduced penalties.
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
Talk to a lawyer before you make any decisions. You can probably plead this down to a simple infraction or no crime at all if you have a valid license now.
Amy K. Guerra, Attorney at Law
Amy K. Guerra, Attorney at Law | Amy K. Guerra
An attorney can help you decide how to proceed when you go to court. The fact that you now have a drivers license can be very helpful; an attorney may be able to convince the judge to either infraction the case (if it was filed as a misdemeanor) or even dismiss it under some circumstances.