What should I say to the court for rescheduling? 2 Answers as of May 02, 2016

It's my first DUI and I live in another state. I can't afford a ticket to go back because I only got notified 2 days before the court date.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
The court will probably NOT reschedule unless you are in court. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/2/2016
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
Typically courts send out notices well in advance of two days, so making that argument to the court is likely not going to go over very well. They have record of when they sent it. If you have not maintained your current address with the court, they will not take responsibility for that. You should reach out to a DUI attorney in the county where you were arrested. If you can not afford one, you should reach out to the circuit defenders office and apply for them to represent you. You will have to qualify in order to obtain representation, but your argument that you were not given enough notice is a tough one at best, get counsel now to help you as you may not like the results otherwise. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/2/2016
Click to View More Answers: