What should I look for in an attorney for DUI? 2 Answers as of April 14, 2015

My son was just arrested and charged with DUI. This is his first DUI and first time he has been in trouble with the law. We don't want this DUI to remain on his criminal record and we obviously want to avoid jail time and fees if possible. Would it be beneficial to hire an attorney for a first offense? What should we look for if we do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Team Green Lawyers, PLLC
Team Green Lawyers, PLLC | James R. Daley
There is no question you should hire an attorney to represent your son. You indicated that you don't want this arrest on your son's record. That may be unavoidable, but likely impossible without an attorney. The fact is DWI is a crime, not just a traffic ticket. As far as what you should look for in an attorney...you should hire somebody who has prior experience in representing people charged with DWI in that particular jurisdiction. I firmly believe the best lawyers to defend those who are charged with DWI are former prosecutors that prosecuted DWI cases. They know best what to look for in defending your son.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/14/2015
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
I suggest that you consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. I handle dui cases.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: