What should I expect my sentence to be if on June 2016, I was caught and charged with retail fraud 2nd? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2017

They dropped it down to 3rd because it was my first ever charge as an adult. I was given 6 months probation, community service and had to take a Retail Fraud class. I was discharged in January 2017. In March 2017, I was then charged at another large retailer for Retail Fraud 3rd. I went to my arraignment and was asked to do a PSI (pre-screening interview) and it was with my prior probation officer. He stated he would "recommend jail time". I am awaiting sentencing and I have a court appointed attorney. During my arraignment, my attorney stated he was going to ask for fines and costs, with no actual charge. The judge stated I needed the PSI, and would then come back for sentencing.

Obviously, your attorney will know more about your judge and the likelihood of jail and how much. I would say jail time is a flip of a coin under the facts you have given. Good luck.