What should I expect going into court for a probation violation? 1 Answers as of February 02, 2011

I am on probation for my first DUI and violated probation by getting an MIP and not being able to pay for my classes and breathalyzers. My probation officer is sending me back to court tomorrow for violating probation. What should I expect? I live in Colorado.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
It depends a lot on the county but you like will have your probation revoked, and then when you are re-sentenced the judge could start probation all over again and add conditions, which could include some jail time or more community service work, etc. If you choose to NOT be on probation (and not do the alcohol programs etc.) then the jail sentence will be rather long probably. However, if you chose that remember you may have to complete an alcohol program anyway to get your driver license back.