What should I do with 2 divorce petitions? 2 Answers as of June 08, 2011

I recently filed for divorce in Mn. My husband was served over 2 weeks ago and yesterday I got served with a completely new petition from Az. Is this legal and how do I respond ? He lied to the court saying he did not know of any other proceedings when obviously he did.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vermeulen Law office P.A.
Vermeulen Law office P.A. | Jacob T. Erickson
Assuming that he was properly served in Minnesota, you will have to hire an attorney in Arizona to respond to the Arizona Petition by indicating that jurisdiction was properly secured in Minnesota when you started the first divorce.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/8/2011
Beaulier Law Office
Beaulier Law Office | Maury Beaulier
You will have to hire a lawyer in Arizona to challenge jurisdiction in that State.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: