What should I do when a detective call and wants me to call him back? 10 Answers as of August 14, 2013

I receives a phone call from someone announced as a detective from Oregon but I live in Washington. He wants me to call him back. What should I do? Do I require to answer his phone call?

You can call him back to see what he wants. However, do not make a statement without an attorney present.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
I always advise clients not to tell detectives anything. But why on earth would you post this to the Michigan forum? Ask this to someone local.
You can just ignore his call. However, If he has enough evidence to take a warrant without your information, then he will take the warrant, and you will have to turn yourself in. The best approach: Return his call, and try and get some idea of what he is calling about, then consult an attorney, before you provide a detailed interview.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Unless you have called the police for help, do not ever return cops? phone calls? They are invariably trying to put something together, and it is probably against you or a loved one. Do not talk to cops? Their agenda is rarely something that serves your interests.
You do not need to speak to a cop ever.
    No, you are not required to answer his call. If you don't know and want to find out why he is calling, you can call him back, but do not answer any questions without an attorney present.
    The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
    The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos | Carlos H. Davalos
    You are free to speak to the police or, conversely, not to.
    I would need to know more about your situation. Do you think that you are being called regarding something that could potentially lead to criminal charges filed against you? If so, I recommend that you contact an attorney before calling the detective. It may be a good idea to retain an attorney to hire you on what is often called a "pre-filing" basis. Statements you make to an investigator could be later used against you in the event criminal charges are filed.
    Do not call back. You have the right to remain silent.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Shut the Heck Up. Do not talk to a cop. He is not trying to help you. He is trying to get evidence to use against you.