What should I do to get out of debt? How? 9 Answers as of September 08, 2015

I am a single parent with medical bills and tax bills. I am making a fraction what I did when I incurred the debt. I can't get out. Nobody is willing to work with me in terms on which I can survive?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law
Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law | W. Thomas Bunch II
You should talk with an experienced bankruptcy attorney to learn about your options, being a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13. Ch 13 cases are cheaper to get into and have benefits to the debtor that do not exist in a Ch 7. Do not hesitate because most attorneys will meet with you for free and can offer you some payment options.
Answer Applies to: Kentucky
Replied: 9/8/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Any bankruptcy can discharge the medical bills. Some taxes are dischargeable in any bankruptcy those which were assessed more than 3 years ago looking to the last April 15th. In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can pay the nondischargeable taxes over three or five years, without interest. I expect that if you keep looking, you can find a BR lawyer who will accept installment payments, so you need not lay out more cash than you can afford all at once.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/8/2015
Garner Law Office
Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
Perhaps you should check with Legal Aid because you might qualify for free legal assistance.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 9/8/2015
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Go over the figures with a bankruptcy attorney.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/8/2015
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
That is what the bankruptcy code was written for. Make a consultation appointment with a local lawyer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/8/2015
    Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law | Patrick Currin
    Bankruptcy may be a good way to erase the debt. Consult an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 9/8/2015
    Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
    You can file bankruptcy or attempt to work out payment plans with them as their attitude about getting paid changes.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 9/8/2015
    A Fresh Start
    A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
    I hear your sad story, but in order to offer you an answer to legal questions, I sort of need some actual details about the facts. Like how much you owe in medical bills, how much you owe in taxes, what years the taxes are for, whether you filed the returns showing you owed the taxes, why you owe the taxes. etc. Until you are willing to reveal this information, all I can say is the doing nothing is a popular choice to solve debt problems.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 9/8/2015
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    Contact a bankruptcy atty. to discuss your options.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 9/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: