What should I do to get out of debt? How? 9 Answers as of September 08, 2015

I am a single parent with medical bills and tax bills. I am making a fraction what I did when I incurred the debt. I can't get out. Nobody is willing to work with me in terms on which I can survive?

Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law
Bunch & Brock, Attorneys-at-Law | W. Thomas Bunch II
You should talk with an experienced bankruptcy attorney to learn about your options, being a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13. Ch 13 cases are cheaper to get into and have benefits to the debtor that do not exist in a Ch 7. Do not hesitate because most attorneys will meet with you for free and can offer you some payment options.
Answer Applies to: Kentucky
Any bankruptcy can discharge the medical bills. Some taxes are dischargeable in any bankruptcy those which were assessed more than 3 years ago looking to the last April 15th. In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can pay the nondischargeable taxes over three or five years, without interest. I expect that if you keep looking, you can find a BR lawyer who will accept installment payments, so you need not lay out more cash than you can afford all at once.
Garner Law Office
Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
Perhaps you should check with Legal Aid because you might qualify for free legal assistance.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Go over the figures with a bankruptcy attorney.
That is what the bankruptcy code was written for. Make a consultation appointment with a local lawyer.
    Bankruptcy may be a good way to erase the debt. Consult an attorney.
    You can file bankruptcy or attempt to work out payment plans with them as their attitude about getting paid changes.
    I hear your sad story, but in order to offer you an answer to legal questions, I sort of need some actual details about the facts. Like how much you owe in medical bills, how much you owe in taxes, what years the taxes are for, whether you filed the returns showing you owed the taxes, why you owe the taxes. etc. Until you are willing to reveal this information, all I can say is the doing nothing is a popular choice to solve debt problems.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    Contact a bankruptcy atty. to discuss your options.