What should I do to get out of debt? 16 Answers as of May 17, 2011

I am a single parent with medical bills and tax bills. I am making a fraction what I did when I incurred the debt. I can't get out. Nobody is willing to work with me in terms on which I can survive?

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
Call me for a free consultation. I will analyze your income, expenses, assets and debts and help you to determine if bankruptcy is right for you.
Have you considered bankruptcy? The sign on my door reads, "bankruptcy, it is not a bad word." Sounds like you should consider it. These laws were written for people in your situation. It is called a "fresh start."
Law Office of Asaph Abrams
Law Office of Asaph Abrams | Asaph Abrams
Federal bankruptcy filing can help. Not all tax debts are dischargeable (can be canceled).
Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
This kind of situation is what bankruptcy is for. You should speak immediately with a qualified bankruptcy lawyer. The first conversation should be free so you've got nothing to lose. Good luck!
Bankruptcy is an option you should definitely explore. I recommend having a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney in your area.
    The Orantes Law Firm
    The Orantes Law Firm | Giovanni Orantes
    Medical bills are readily dischargeable in a bankruptcy case. Tax debt may or may not be dischargeable. Ultimately, you need to consult a qualified bankruptcy attorney to evaluate whether that is your best solution for a fresh start. Call us for a free initial consultation.
    Filing for bankruptcy will eliminate the medical bills. Perhaps that will allow you to meet your obligations as to your tax debt. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.
    Ursula G. Barrios Law
    Ursula G. Barrios Law | Guillermo Machado
    If you file for bankruptcy, you can have a fresh start and eliminate your medicalbills and possibly even your taxes.
    Bankruptcy laws were made for people like you to get a fresh start. Medical bills can be discharged in bankruptcy and taxes generally have to be at least three years old (from the date the return was filed subject to exceptions). Consult with a bankruptcy lawyer.
    Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller
    Law Office of Jackie Robert Geller | Jackie Robert Geller
    Make an appointment to meet with a qualified bankruptcy practitioner to review your finances and provide you with your options. Most will meet with you at no cost for that review. If you live in San Diego I would be glad to talk to you.