What should I do to get a no contact order removed? 4 Answers as of February 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I got involved in an accident. He got angry while he was black out drunk. He ended up throwing something in my direction and then he tried chocking me. It happened so fast I can’t quite remember. The police department filed charges against him. I found out later that he doesn’t remember anything that happened. I want to have the no contact order removed so that he and I can go seek the treatment and help that he and I need as a couple. But this no contact order is making that difficult. I have been told 2 different stories and I am personally confused. I have been told that I am suppose to write a petition to the courts and wait for a court date and I have also heard to just go speak with the prosecutor. I want to get this removed as soon as possible so that I am able to visit and talk to him while he is in jail and make arrangements for couples counseling.

You have to go and petition the judge to do this.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You can ask his lawyer to talk to the prosecutor or retain your own lawyer to see if they will modify the order to a non offensive order or shorten the period so that it does not last for years. You should get him to address his anger issues, drinking, and communication skills and learn to argue without all the violence.
You can talk with the prosecution, but it sounds like he needs a lawyer due to the nature of the charges.
Raymond Carignan, Esq, LLC
Raymond Carignan, Esq, LLC | Raymond Carignan
You will need to go to the Court that issued it and request a hearing to remove the no contact order. If he has an attorney in his criminal case they may be able to assist.