What should I do to get child support from him and could I get it started right away? 6 Answers as of May 24, 2013

My ex-boyfriend and I have called it quits, found out he has been missing with girl that was underage. He is the father of my son but is not on the birth certificate. He did not live with me, but stays the night to help me out sometimes because I have problems walking and moving stuff around. He used to help my family pay bills.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
You have to take him to court .
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/24/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You file a petition for paternity, custody and child support.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 5/24/2013
Webster & Associates | Anita Webster
You should contact the District Attorney, Child Support Division. They will establish paternity and set child support.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/24/2013
Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
If you want child support from him, you go to the District Attorney Family Support Office. He can file for paternity/custody/visitation as well.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/24/2013
Law Offices of John S. Keating
Law Offices of John S. Keating | John S. Keating
First, he must acknowledge his paternity of the child, or you must receive a court determination that he is the father of the child. Then, you can seek an order that he pay child support.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 5/24/2013
    Ronald Main & Associates | Tracian M. Laignel
    You should retain an attorney or go through DHS and have a paternity action brought against him. It will establish your ex as the biological father through a DNA test. In that paternity action with the court or through DHS, he will have child support assigned to him and he will have a monthly child support obligation to your child.
    Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
    Replied: 5/24/2013
Click to View More Answers: