What should I do to ensure that my girlfriend can come visit the US with me? 1 Answers as of March 11, 2011

I am a US citizen working in Mexico legally on a FM3 visa and I have been here for 2 years now. I have a Mexican girlfriend of 1 year now and she would like to apply for a visa so she can go to the US to visit my friends and family with me during my vacation time. Would a letter from me help? We both are returning to Mexico because she has all her family here and because I still have 4 years left on my job in Mexico.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Schedule an apt for her at the consulate. Gather proof of your work and immigration status in Mexico. Write a letter stating what you just said. Provide proof of financial ability to pay her trip (Form I-131). It is very important that the consular official believes your girlfriend will be back in Mexico. If she has a job of her own, she should gather some pay stubs, employment letter. She has to show original identification documents such as Mexican ID, her Mexican passport and her birth certificate. Depending on her situation, there may be more documents, but that pretty much it. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: