What should I do regarding my citizenship status? 6 Answers as of July 03, 2013

I was denied a citizenship because I submitted police reports that were not certified. The immigration offered me to request a hearing, which I did by providing the certified report requested in support of N336. However, today, I received a letter from the immigration that the processing time for this form is 10 months whereas the processing time for N400 is shorter. So, can I just ignore the N336 and file a new N400?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes you can. But 1st you will need to withdraw the N-336. You can do it simultaneously. The only thing that you need to do for the withdrawal is to write a letter stating that you are withdrawing the N-336 in your transmittal letter to USCIS. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
please write a letter to CIS to withdrew your appeal. Once you receive a letter from CIS acknowledging your withdrawal, you may file a new application.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Easier and faster to re-file the N-400.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A.
Law Offices of Iman Abouelazm, P.A. | Iman I. Abouelazm
It is sometimes better, more efficient and more logical to just file a new N-400 rather than appealing or requesting a hearing on the matter. That is a decision each individual should make depending on his/her own circumstances. ** This is a general answer to your question. It is best to consult with an attorney about your specific situation and goals for the most accurate and reliable legal advice. Good Luck!"
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You should bring your certified court documents to a competent immigration attorney and have them analyzed to ensure that you are not barred from obtaining USC at this time. You can then determine what will be the fastest and safest way to obtain your citizenship.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: