What should I do on a potential DUI? 10 Answers as of February 14, 2014

I was stopped for a broken taillight at 2.30am. Officer discovered an outstanding warrant from a "disturbing the peace" birthday party from 6 years ago. I gave a blood test, taken to jail. Warrant dismissed. Don’t know what the blood test registered, how do I find out? Can I lose my license? I had 3 beers in 6 hours. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Robert S. Evans ESQ | Robert S. Evans ESQ
I need more info before offering an opinion. Were you arrested and if so what were you charged with?
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/14/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Depending on the size of the three beers you may not be charged with anything. Check with the court to see if a warrant has been issued. They are probably waiting on the results of the blood test. This can take time.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/14/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
3 beers in 6 hours does not result in a blood alcohol over .04, and the legal limit is .08. You will find out when you are ordered to come to court. You need to retain an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/13/2014
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
It can take six months for Blood Test results to be returned by the Crime Lab. Nothing to do until States Attorney makes a decision; they have two years to decide.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/13/2014
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
In MN you need to wait until the blood test result has been tested. If you test over .08 your license would be revoked. You should contact an attorney and go over all of the particulars.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 2/13/2014
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    decent chance you are under 0.05 unless those were large high alcohol microbrews - or you weight under 110 pounds DMV will mail a notice of revocation if over 0.08 with the actual BAC on the letter blood test results are taking close to 60 days - do not plea until you get the BAC results and if under 0.07, you should be able to get a non-alcohol plea In response to your DUI Post: I am a criminal defense attorney with more than 15 years experience on DUI cases. If you would like to discuss your case, please contact me. Some important information- If you have been served with a Notice of Revocation, then you have 7 days to request a hearing. Please do that immediately by going to your local DMV office, tell them you got a DUI and you want to request a hearing. They will give you a form. DO NOT REQUEST THE OFFICER. We can do that later if we choose to, but most often it means you will lose. The receipt DMV gives you allows you to drive until the day of the hearing. Request a copy of the Expressed Consent Packet. Representation begins when client pays attorney an agreed upon retainer and returns a signed fee agreement.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 2/13/2014
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    You can do nothing at this stage. If you were over the limit you will get a summons for your arraignment.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 2/13/2014
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
    You need to request a DMV hearing within 10 days and then request discovery. You can also get a copy of the criminal complaint and discovery from the Court. Am experience attorney can assist you with these matters.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/13/2014
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 2/13/2014
    Eve Oldenkamp, Attorney at Law, P.C. | Eve Oldenkamp
    If you had a blood test done at your request then the hospital where it was done is required to hand over a copy of the test to you. If you have a date for court, e.g. were issued a citation for a DUII then at the first court appearance they should have a copy of the blood draw results and you will know them at that court date. To alleviate your concerns, you can contact the hospital.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon
    Replied: 2/13/2014
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!