What should I do next in my Connecticut larceny case? Posted on January 05, 2011

I am a 35 yo male in CT. I have no prior record, but in September I was charged with 6th degree larceny and given a court date. On January 3rd, I missed my court date and got a failure to appear. I mistakenly believed it was later in the month as I indicated to the prosecutor when I was trying to verify what my court date was this morning. Once I found out from the clerk I had missed the date, the prosecutor told me I need to go turn myself into the police. My father thinks I should go back and try to explain to her first about my psychiatric condition that makes me irresponsible. I am not sure this is a good idea. Should I talk to the public defenders instead? Should I just not even bother and turn myself in as the prosecutor told me to?