What should I do in my group custody issue? 2 Answers as of June 22, 2011

My daughter has a 6 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. She is divorce..their father lives in Missouri and she lives in Florida. He gets them some during the summer months. Here is the dilema...the father is abusive and will not let them talk to their mother on the phone or grandparents while they are with him. He makes excuses the phone doesn't work, she isn't home or they are not at home and so forth. We even bought them a cell phone and ask him if they could use it and he said yes. We taught my grandson how to use it. Their father hasn't let them use it and it has been 4 weeks they have been gone. They are traumatized everytime they go visit their father because he cuts them off from their family back in Florida that they are with most of the time. He is not treated this way when they are with their Mother. He gets to talk with them on the phone anytime he wants and is welcome to come and see them at any time. All year they dread going to see their father due to separation anxiety they have that is made worse due to his abuse of not letting them communicate with us. Would this be abuse and can there be something done legally? They are still very young to be away from their mother for 2 months at a time and not have communication with her on a daily basis.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
In Florida you need to bring an action to fix communication. i.e. set a standard communication schedule.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: