What should I do in my domestic violence case? 2 Answers as of August 13, 2011

2 wks ago my fiancée (who I lived with) grabbed me by my throat and pushed me through the apt to the front door after an argument. I left to seek refuge at a friend’s house; pictures were taken and a police report was filed. I got a TRO the next day and a court date was set. My ex violated the TRO and contacted me the very evening he was served and then two other times. I filed a report on the third contact. The judge ruled in my favor BUT my ex didn’t like the outcome and felt the judge didn’t give him ample time to speak, so he filed an appeal. I am homeless (staying w/ friends, can't afford a place to live). I have only 5 days worth of clothes and he still has all my possessions which I cannot get an escort to get w/o the court order. What do I do? What is the likelihood of him winning the appeal?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
It sounds, based on these details that it is unlikely that a judge would rule in favor of your husband's appeal. Even if a judge does, they should still be willing to work with you to arrange for you to retrieve your property. You will most likely need to wait for any associated hearings and attempt to obtain a court order allowing you to be provided with a police escort to retrieve your property.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 8/13/2011
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Make sure he is arrested for the violation. The judge should set bail with a condition of no contact.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 8/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: