What should I do in my Colorado criminal case? 2 Answers as of May 18, 2011

I have 2 cases. Case one I can win obstuct of phone service, and dv enhancer if i take to trial. DA is threatening to add a charge to case 2 of drinking while on bond if I dont take the deal to plea guilty which is 18 months probation, alcohol classes, and 36 weeks of dv classes, all else and case 2 dropped. My public defender says we can win case 1 at trial, but case 2 will no longer be dropped, and DA will add a charge that carries 6 months which I prob won't win because I was drinking, and they can prove it. I don't want to pea guilty to something I did't do, but if I don't DA will add charge to case 2. Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
This is a very tough situation you put yourself in. The bon violation charge carries very stiff penalties - 6 months in jail. It sounds like you will lose that case. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do in order to get the best overall outcome. It is a tough choice. Only you can make it.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/18/2011
Law Office of William R. Falcone, Esq.
Law Office of William R. Falcone, Esq. | William R. Falcone
Ask your public defender about a no contest, Alfred plea. This is where you can explain that you are not admitting to the facts, but are taking the plea to avoid other possible consequences including the risk of jail time. If this is something you can live with, have him explore the possibility with the DA.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: